Our use of your personal information
We may use the personal information that you provide to us whilst visiting the website, registering with us or communicating with us, including any information that identifies you personally, such as your name, email address or gender (the “Personal Information”).
We collect personally identifiable information voluntarily submitted by our members as part of the registration process so we can provide you with our service. We use this Personal Information in the following ways:
- To enable you to use any services that we may from time to time provide through the website (such as access to the members-only areas, competitions and email newsletters);
- To send you information about products or services;
- To deal with any enquires and requests;
- To maintain the membership records of our members;
- To enable us to fulfil any promotions that we have offered and in order to notify you if you have won;
- To carry out research that will enable us to develop the products and services we offer.
- To tell you about changes to the Editer services or new features.
We would like to reassure you that your details are safe.
Subject to what we say below, we will only share your details amongst the Editer Media Ltd companies that process information in order to bring you our service. Please be assured that Editer Media Ltd DOES NOT share your details with any third parties without your consent.
If you enter one of our competitions it may be necessary for us to use your details in order to send you the prize(s). We will always seek your consent if we need to pass your details to any person outside the Editer Media Ltd companies who have helped to organise the competition.
If any Editer Media Ltd companies are acquired or merged with another company we may transfer your Personal Information to the subsidiary or purchaser. This will, for example, enable you to continue to receive the services provided by Editer Media Ltd.
As a user of the services we may collect non-personal data about your use of our website (including pages visited, duration of visit and volume of use). We may use your non-personal data to monitor member’s patterns so we can consistently improve our site to better meet our customers and provide the services we know you love. These statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.
Hyperlinks to other websites
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Cookies allow us to tailor the website to your interests and preferences. Cookies do not allow us access to the rest of your computer and we do not use them to collect Personal Information about you.
- Simplify the logging on process for our members. This means we can automatically identify your computer so you do not need to login every time you visit the website.
- Ensure the security and authenticity of our members
- Provide the mechanisms for the website
- Enable us to monitor traffic to the website.
Most internet browsers allow you to delete cookies or turn off the cookie function. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about how to do this. Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our website if you decide to disable any cookies we place on your computer you may not be able to use certain services or facilities on this website.
We make every effort to ensure that your Personal Information is stored securely. You should contact us immediately if you believe that there has been an unauthorised use of your account of if your login details have become known to someone else.
If you subscribe to Editer Media Ltd we will continue to provide you with services available to Editer Media Ltd members unless you inform us otherwise.
We study our members trends as we are interested in the successful dissemination of information through the website. Our server creates log files of information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address from your network, what pages were explored and the length of your visit. We use this information to learn more about how we can enhance your experience on the website but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.